What is Introduction to Kayaking?
Discover what kayaking is all about with our amazing introductory course for all levels of ability.
This is a one day course and the vast majority of the time will be spent out learning essential skills and techniques. There is also a kayak trip to Innisfallen Island included on the training. The course runs from 10am-5pm and covers the following areas:
- Equipment Talk
– buoyancy aid
– personal gear
- Entering and Exiting Techniques
– slow and measured
– use paddle as brace across kayak
- Body Postures/Positions
– sitting straight & upright
– bracing feet
– focusing on destination
- Essential Kayak Strokes
– low brace
- Capsize Drill
At Mór Active we like to add more to your knowledge so we also include other topic areas such as history & folklore, environmental awareness issues, flora & fauna, geology and much more.
Course Duration: 1 day – 10am to 5pm (lunch from 1pm-2pm)
Previous Experience: None required
Course Size: The group size is a maximum of 1 instructor to 7 students (1:7 ratio)
Course Structure: This is a one day course and the vast majority of the time will be spent out practicing strokes and techniques. There is also a kayak trip to Innisfallen Island included on the training.
Your Course Includes:
- Professional and experience instructors
- Training course notes
- Personalized feedback
- All Safety Equipment e.g. Buoyancy aid, wetsuit.
- Boat & Paddles
Course Cost: €75 per person
What To Bring On Your Course?
In terms of equipment you will need, we recommend to bring the following:
- A pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet
- Swim wear to use underneath wetsuit
- No cotton t-shirts or jeans to be worn as these items of clothing will hold water and may accelerate chances of hypothermia
- Towel, spare clothes and shoes for after activity
- Food and water e.g. snacks, water(1 litre approx)
- Water(1 litre approximately)
There are no reviews yet.