Getting ready for an adventure race? Not sure if you know how to kayak or do you just want to build your confidence? Well, this is the perfect kayak skills course for you, that will provide all the essential skills to help you get through your race.
It is designed for all levels of abilities and will focus on learning essential skills and techniques such as:
- Equipment talk
- Entering and exiting techniques
- Body postures/positions
- Essential kayak strokes
Course Duration: 2 Hours
3 PM to 5 PM
Previous Experience: None required
Course Size: The group size is a maximum of 1 instructor to 7 students (1:7 ratio)
Course Structure: This is a 2 hour course and the majority of our time will be on the water learning essential skills and techniques.
Course Meeting Point: Ross Castle car park, Ross road, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Your Course Includes:
- Professional and experienced instructors
- Personalized feedback
- All safety equipment e.g. buoyancy aid, wetsuit.
- Boat and paddle
Course Cost: €30 per person
What To Bring On Your Course?
In terms of equipment/gear/provisions that you will need, we recommend that you bring the following:
- A pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet
- Adventure race clothing
- No cotton t-shirts or jeans to be worn as these items of clothing will hold water and may accelerate chances of hypothermia
- Towel, spare clothes and shoes for after activity
- Food and water e.g. snacks, water(1 litre approx)